Course Approvals and Reimbursements

Educational Courses

Educational courses are college level courses either taken online or in-person. They provide CEUs upon completion, are taken through an accredited university or institution and should be related to your area of teaching. These courses are often (but not always) used towards a lane change, which by contract requires pre-approval.

Course Approvals

The Educational Course Approval form is used for college credit courses. These courses* are often (but not always) used towards a lane change, which by contract requires pre-approval. Each fiscal year, one approved course is reimbursable by contract.

*If your Educational course does not provide CEUs at its completion, please use the Professional Development form on the Staff Professional Development website.


Instructions for requesting course approval(s):

1. Complete the Course Approval form, sign and attach a course* description.*Educational courses should provide CEUs upon completion from an accredited university or institution. Please do not use this form if you are obtaining PDPs.

2. Forward by email or interoffice both the form and course description to Dyana Bogdan at Central office for approval.

3. Once your form has been approved by the Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning, the signed form will be scanned and emailed back to you.

Please allow at least 1 week for this process to be completed.




Course Reimbursement

Each fiscal year, by contract, one approved educational course can be submitted for reimbursement* upon completion. (Refer to the MEA contract for approved reimbursement amounts.)

*The course must be completed between July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023 in order to be reimbursed under Fiscal Year 2023. If you will not complete your course by 6/30/23, please call Central Office or email Dyana Bogdan.

Instructions for requesting course reimbursement:

1. Submit the information below to Central Office, Attn: Dyana Bogdan by email or interoffice.

2. A copy of your grade report or transcript showing the name of the course, grade, your name, date completed and the institution name. Official transcripts are not required for a course reimbursement.

3. A copy or screenshot of your payment information (credit card statement, institution receipt or front/back of cashed check). Please be sure it includes the name of the course and/or institution, the amount paid, your name, the date paid and shows a zero balance.



If you have further questions, please email [email protected] or call x10224.

See the MEA contract, Article XXXIV for further information on course reimbursement.

See the MEA contract, Article VI for further information on approval for lane changes.  


Online Form - You have the option to fill out online and print:
Course Approval/Reimbursement Form

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2023 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.